What Are the Main Ways to Convert PPT to PDF?
Different document formats often serve different purposes. For instance, Excel is meant for spreadsheets and the Word is for documents. The PPT, on the other hand, is a file format used for presentations. Along with PDF, it is one of the most recognizable file formats in the world. People use PPT for both schools and at work, where they would need to present a report. They often use PPT as a visual aid. And chances are, you may have seen or used this file format before.
While PPT and PDF are two separate file formats, there are some instances when you would need to convert a Powerpoint presentation to PDF so that other people could read it on their own. Three of the most popular ways of performing this task are by using Microsoft Powerpoint, Google Drive, and websites like Soda PDF. Each method has its own advantages and drawbacks.
Method One: Websites Like PDFBear
The first method of converting PPT to PDF that this article will tackle is by using websites like PDFBear to perform this task. Most people are not aware of this but there are websites out there that allow users to do things with their PDF files. And that includes converting them to a different file format like PPT. PDFBear is one of these websites. And you could also use it to convert or edit your PDF file if necessary. It’s relatively easy to use PDFBear to convert PPT presentations to PDF documents. Even first-time users could easily learn how to use this website in just minutes. To use this website to convert PPT to PDF, here are a few, easy steps to follow:
- First, upload the PPT file you want to be converted. You can do this by either clicking or tapping the “Select Files” button or by dragging and dropping the file onto the website.
- Next, you may wait for a few minutes as the website starts to convert your file. The progress of the conversion is shown by a progress bar on the website.
- After the file has been uploaded, you may use the options in the websites to edit the file if necessary.
- Finally, you may now download the converted file on your website or mobile device. Alternatively, you may also choose the option to share the file on your Google Drive or Dropbox.
While this method is not the best-known method for converting PPT to PDF, it has a few advantages. To start, you can use this website on any browser on any mobile device or computer. As seen in the steps, it is also simple and quick to use and it also supports PPTX files.
Method Two: Microsoft Powerpoint
The second, more popular method of converting PPT to PDF is by saving the file in PDF format. Now, this may not seem like converting PPT to PDF but it almost works the same way. For those who don’t know it yet, Microsoft Powerpoint is the most popular software for creating presentations out there. Even though other software and apps like Google Sheets are gaining popularity, Powerpoint is still the most preferred software for making presentations. Compared to the first method, the steps of converting PPT to PDF using Powerpoint are a little more complicated. The steps could also vary depending on what type of computer you are using. But here are the most general steps for converting or saving PPT to PDF (depending on how you like to call it):
- First, create your PPT presentation in Microsoft Powerpoint or make the necessary changes if you already have one.
- Next, click File > Save As and choose the location where you want to save your file.
- After that, a separate window will pop up, showing the locations where you can save your presentation.
- Once you have chosen the folder where you want to save your file, rename the file if necessary and then choose “PDF” in the Save As Type drop-down menu.
- Once you have made the necessary changes in your file, click Save and you may now open your saved file in PDF format.
This advantage also features a few steps and it is also relatively easy to do, especially if you have been using Microsoft Powerpoint for a long time now. But it is best to perform this on a Windows computer only, as you will have limited options and capabilities if you attempt to perform this task on your mobile device or Mac computer.
Method Three: Uploading PPT to Drive and Downloading as PDF
And finally, an alternative workaround that you can try in converting your PPT presentation to a PDF file is through Google Drive. To be exact, this is done by uploading the PPT file on Drive, opening it, and downloading it as a PDF. Just like the second method, it may not seem like converting files at all but it still works like you convert your file from one format to another. This method is also easy to do. And here are the few steps you can follow to convert your PPT to PDF with Google Drive:
- Upload your PPT presentation to your Google Drive. It may take a few minutes for your file to be uploaded.
- After your file has been uploaded, open your PPT using Google Sheets.
- Next, make the necessary changes in your file and then click File > Download > PDF document (.pdf)
- You may then wait for a few minutes as your computer or mobile device downloads your converted file.
This process is also quick and easy to do, as shown in the steps above. People who are used to Google Drive and Google Sheets can perform this method. You can also perform this task on any browser on any computer or you can also download the Google Drive app and perform this on an Android device. The only drawback with this method is that you need a Google account before you could use Drive to convert PPT to PDF.
Because PDF files preserve the integrity of documents and do not allow most edits in this file format, people convert them to PDF so that others could read them later on. Converting a PPT to a PDF file also allows them to open the file without having to install or use Microsoft Powerpoint. There are various ways to convert PPT to PDF that you can use. But if you need it done as quickly and as conveniently as possible, then why not give websites like Soda PDF a try? With this website, you can convert PPT to PDF on any device at any time.