Leggings are a versatile piece of clothing that is always in style. They are part of every girl’s closet and are the perfect choice of clothing that can be worn to every occasion. Leggings are extremely comfortable to wear and can be worn throughout the year. You can find leggings online or at any clothing store.
Before moving on to styling them, what exactly are they?
Leggings are usually thicker than tights and give good coverage for your legs, generally ending at your mid-calf or ankles.
These have become a fashion trend among women of all age groups, have a firm hold on casual clothing, and are still high on demand. They are an integral part of athleisure fashion trends, worn even outside of sporting activities.
The online sporting apparel industry in Australia has increased faster than the economy. The market size has grown by 18.1 percent per year on average between 2016 and 2021.
Activewear plays a vital role in 21st-century gender definition, reinforcing and resisting ideas about femininity.
With the growth in fashion trends in Australia, the move of activewear from gyms into mainstream society has been almost impossible to ignore. Tight-fitted leggings, yoga pants, crop tops, and sports bras are everywhere, from cafes to catwalks.
Despite its versatility, it can be a bit confusing as to how to style them. You can’t go wrong with athleisure. These cute legging outfits will keep your athleisure vibe fresh and trendy.
- Monochromatic match– Go monochromatic in a matching set of leggings and a sports bra for a chic take on athleisure. Throw on a jacket of your choice and pair it with some booties.
- Denim shirt and leggings– A denim shirt dress paired with black leggings is one of the most popular go-to and laid-back casual looks. You can pair it with white trainers for a casual day look or add a pair of heels to make the outfit look even more dressier.
- Plaid shirt and leggings– You can achieve another casual yet cool look with a plaid shirt, leggings, and a crop top. Style them with your favorite accessories and pair them with some trainers.
- Colourful leggings– Take your athleisure to the next level with a pair of pink or purple leggings instead of a classic black. Wear them with a leather jacket with matching boots for an aesthetic and stylish look all at the same time.
- Leggings with a cropped hoodie– Pair your classic black leggings with a cropped hoodie that keeps you cozy but totally on-trend. Pair them with some black platform sneakers for that extra athleisure chicness.
- Crop top and neutral leggings– Pick a neutral shade legging that is a different shade from your skin and pair it with a crop top and a floor-length duster in the same tone. Add a pair of heels to look like perfection.
- Mesh Leggings with an anorak– You can rock a mesh detail legging with a bight pullover anorak. This outfit helps you stay cool in the gym and shows just the right amount of skin. Pair it with sneakers to complete your ensemble.
- Cropped leggings with statement shoes– Pair your favourite cropped leggings with a graphic hoodie and throw on an insta worthy heel in a bright colour. Pop on your sunglasses, and there you have the perfect OOTD.
- Leggings and a blazer– Leggings along with a coordinating top can make an instant fashion moment when styled with heels and an oversized blazer.
- Leather Leggings and a sweater– Pair your black faux leather leggings with a tunic length sweater and classic nude closed-toe heels to elevate your look. Throw on a scarf and a matching bag to pull this look off. This outfit is perfect for fall or winter.
When shopping for leggings online, check the material and buy one with a soft and breathable fabric. While choosing leggings, ensure that they aren’t see-through and are form-fitting. Good quality leggings may cost more but are worth it if they fit you correctly and can be worn for various occasions throughout the year. Above all, make sure that you are comfortable with wearing leggings. Confidence is key!